Industrial Trainer Position Available
We are seeking an innovative and experienced trainer, to join the team at our fast-growing Private Training Establishment, in the South Waikato and Bay of Plenty areas.
Our aim is to create a safer working environment for all employers and their employees, by giving them practical skills, confidence, and knowledge to react.
You will be a passionate, hardworking, and enthusiastic professional with a natural ability to deliver training material in the following Industry fields which include but are not limited to:
- Confined Space & Gas Testing
- Working at Heights
- Hazardous Substances
- Hazard ID and Risk Assessment
- Permit to Work
- Fire Extinguisher and Wardens
- Health and Safety Representative
- 1st Aid
- You will be responsible for training, assessing and upskilling attendees.
- Identifying changing best practice and assisting with improving quality of courses and resources.
- As you will be training in a practical environment, experience within heavy industry and safe work practices would be helpful.
- As our students come from wide cultural groups, the ability to deliver to a diverse audience is essential.
Essential Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Legislation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on quality and systems
- A willingness to learn and deliver
- Understanding of evidence-based reporting
- Set high standards of performance
- Be able to work independently and in a motivated team environment
- Reliable and adaptable
- Hold or be willing to work towards relevant trainer qualifications
- Proven planning and organisation, with the ability to complete paperwork to a high standard
- Basic computer literacy (in house training in our systems will be provided)
- An understanding and application of bicultural practices
- Some heavy lifting is required, so a good level of fitness is desirable
The position is full time Monday-Friday
Applicants must hold a full driver’s licence and be eligible to work in NZ. To apply please submit a cover letter briefly outlining your suitability for the job role, with your current CV.
Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to Bob Durham.